Search SD&D

Thursday, May 17, 2012

New Post tommorow+The most influential book I've ever read!

Whats up Swordsmen?? New Stray Dog and Duck post Tomorrow!!!! If you're not caught up with the adventures of SD&D, Head over to the site and Sharpen your sword!!!

So, were all familiar with the great works of Dr.Seuss, correct? I'm indeed well read in this man's work. Cat in the Hat, Green eggs and Ham, Fox in socks and the list goes on...But i was unfamiliar with a particular book of his until recently. Its called "Oh the Places you'll Go!". I picked it up off of one of the display tables at my job yesterday. I stood right in the middle of the store and read it cover to cover. It maybe took 5 minutes to read, but it was absolutely the best book Ive ever read!! Its like the blueprint for life's journey on the path to success. I expected it to be another one of Seuss's wacky stories full of shenanigans, but it REALLY, REALLY spoke to me. That rhythmic little colorful book tells you everything you need to know while trying to follow your dreams.

Once upon a time I made a decision to just GO for it. I mean dig deep within myself, grow a pair and follow my dreams. I dropped everything I was "supposed to be doing" and made a decision to take my life into my own hands, and try to figure this thing called happiness out. Now, of course that sound's courageous and maybe even admirable, but the reality is its a lot harder than it sounds. There is countless setbacks and hangups. Sometimes it feels like no one is on your side. There are days when you just don't know where to go, or what to do and just down right want to give in. The fact is, most of the challenge of making your dream's come true is surviving the nightmares. But there is nothing better than knowing its all a part of the dream itself. Those night's you feel its you against the world, or the time you really screwed up, or even lost sight of the goal for a while,  just ENDURE it. Persevere and be THAT much closer. You can do it if you just...DO IT. And Soon enough you'll be able to look back on it all and perhaps write an amazing book too...
Big thanks to the first Doctor I knew by name. ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment